Seminars / Speaking Engagements
Thomas Dolislager regularly speaks at industry events like MWC/CTIA, WIA, and state wireless associations. Thomas also provides guest lectures at educational institutions and community forums.
Through SellTower Consulting, Thomas also provides training to carriers, tower companies, vendors, and investor groups about wireless industry topics and network real estate investments.
Many clients use SellTower seminars as a jumping off point for brainstorming discussions on product development, developing industry partnerships, and sales strategy.
Examples of SellTower Consulting seminar and training topics:
- Market sizing and forecasts
- Technology Lifecycles
- Market Attractiveness versus Market Position
- Implications to existing stakeholders
- Improving the margins on Site Acquisition Services
- Role of Incentives in Rent Negotiation
- New Lease Negotiation Techniques
- Use of lease options or inspection periods
- New Lease Negotiation Tools
- Rent Escalators
- Key Lease Provisions – Pay now or pay later
- Legal Review of leases
- Site License Agreement Negotiation
General Industry Topics
- Carrier Perspectives on Site Selection
- How Tower Companies Set Collocation Rates
- Tower Company Economics
- Comparing Wireless Spectrum Bands
- Radio Access Network (RAN) Sharing
- Vendor Sourcing
Finance and Accounting Topics
- Capital versus Expense considerations for carriers
- Straight-line rent expenses considerations
- Business Case Development
- Net Present Value and Internal Rate of Return
Once selected, topics are assembled into full presentations for the seminar. The customer can also request additional topics or seminars around specific functions or issues.
Recent examples of Customized SellTower Seminars:
- Small Cells – Technology & Trends
- LTE Deployment Vendor Selection and Contract Negotiation
- The New Paradigm for Lease Negotiation – You too can cut new rents in half!
- Aligning Incentives to Improve Profits
- The “Real” Lease Optimization Value Proposition – Myths, Misconceptions, and Opportunities
- Network Real Estate Process Improvements